Medical illustrator / UX/UI Designer & Researcher
BioRender Inc. is seeking a talented medical illustrator / UI designer / UX Researcher (4-month contract, extendable to 8 months or full-time position)
BioRender is a growth-stage, software technology start-up. We’re a small, multi-disciplinary team of technologists, designers, medical illustrators, developers and successful tech entrepreneurs. We’re passionate about innovating visual science communication and are looking for self-starters, disruptors, and creative thinkers who want to be a part of the exciting ride of building something world-changing from the ground up! :)
- Required: Master’s Degree in Medical Illustration or related field
- Comprehensive experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq/Sketch/Axure or related UI mock-up software
- Proven ability and track record in user experience research and UI design
- Strong understanding of modern UI guidelines, with clean/modern design sense
- Solid knowledge base of medical concepts and anatomy (specifically cell biology)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Ability to illustrate in a variety of styles (if required)
- 3D and video-editing experience a plus, but not necessary
1) Help to design, run and analyze concept validation studies with a sample of users (perform one-on-one usability testing, contextual inquiry research, focus groups of scientists)
2) Collaborates with team members and stakeholders to conceptualize and create visual assets (2D cell illustrations) in a clean, branded format as part of an ongoing, larger project within BioRender.
3) Research end-user behaviors and expectations
4) Create branded wireframes, user flows, low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes
5) Participates in the project plans and maintains it to ensure project deliverables are completed as specified
6) Supports team in preparing grant proposals, as needed.
7) Possibility of travel to SF or Boston for user research or participation in accelerator program
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Deadline for application: August 21st 2017
Start date: September 2017
Please send CV, portfolio link and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading Medical Illustrator / UX Designer position (Note: This is an on-site position in Toronto, ON, Canada. We are not accepting remote applicants at this time).